• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Buying BMW 5 Series without VDC

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying BMW 5 Series without VDC

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Sarfraz 5 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author
    Sarfraz

Hi there,

I am actually thinking of buying this used car: BMW 5 Series – 2.0 520D SE – Automatic – 40K miles – 65Reg
    It has the following tyres: 17in Light Alloy V – Spoke Style 236 with Run – Flat Tyres and Locking Wheel Bolts
    It does not have VDC (Variable Damper Control) & Comfort+ mode, and the ones which have it are very few on sale and so are much more expensive.

I had originally short listed three cars: BMW 5 Series, Mercedes E Class and Audi A6. The most important thing for me is the comfort instead of sportiness, not just for the driver but also for the family members sitting on the back seats as I wouldn’t want them to feel dizzy and vomit. Our travelling involves both local streets and motorways.

Most reviews on internet suggest that BMW without VDC is a very ordinary car with bumpy ride. I have not got the chance to try it myself yet but I had once travelled with a friend as a passenger in his BMW 3 Series having sports suspension and it was a very horrible experience. There was so much vibration coming from the road and it was such a rough ride that I said to myself that I will never sit in this car again.

So, here is what I am interested in knowing:

Is VDC desirable on M Sports models with larger 18/19 inch tyres or am I actually going to miss it in this SE model?
    Can VDC be fitted later in a used car and in that case how much it may cost?
    Is the ride quality/comfort on Mercedes E220 CDI SE better?

Thanks.

• #170542 Reply
    Sarfraz

Anyone out there who can put some light on the above issue?

Reply To: Buying BMW 5 Series without VDC

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: