• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Buying used car with no record of cambelt change at 98k

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying used car with no record of cambelt change at 98k

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Brandon

I’m looking for a first car and I have found a Skoda Fabia 1.4 Sport 16v. It’s only about 600 quid and has part service history up until about 4k ago. The thing is it’s at 98k and has never had a cambelt or water pump change on record or that the current owner knows of.

Is the car worth going to view or should I just give it a miss completely? I know the recommended for the car is at about 45-50k it’s way over that obviously. It kinda seems weird it’s gone on for this long without a cambelt or water pump change without failing. If I buy it ill being getting it replaced ASAP but won’t be paying the 600 quid for it.

• #131089 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Brandon. If you’re looking at cars under £1,000, service history should be one of your highest priorities.

A good service history is not a guarantee that you won’t have any problems, but you are improving your chances considerably. It shows that the previous owner(s) have made an effort to take care of the car, and that usually means they have treated it better in all respects.

Reply To: Buying used car with no record of cambelt change at 98k

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: