• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso HELP !!!!!!

Home Forums Car finance Citroen C4 Grand Picasso HELP !!!!!!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Stephen Baines 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Nathan williams

So I got a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso in Feb 16 and have had nothing but problems. 6 months ago I had engine stop lights come on went to garage, knackered turbo caused by old oil turning to coal in the engine, was advised at the time to scrap it as the problem would just reoccur, unfortunately I needed the car so paid to fix it and hoped to make it to the halfway point so I could VT.
    I was literally 1 week away from making the call and sending a letter when the fault light has come back on I haven’t driven it since.
    Can’t afford to fix it again but desperately need a car as I have 2 young children
    Is there anything I can do ????

• #129814 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Nathan. To VT the car, it has to be in good working order, with no “damage beyond normal wear and tear”. So if the engine’s broken, you can’t VT it (or at least, you can but the finance company will send you a very large bill for the broken engine).

For more information, have a read of our guide to voluntary termination.

• #129820 Reply
    Nathan

That’s what I figured,
    Because the garage I took it too said it would keep happening and it’s not worth the cost of a new engine,
    I could try and fix it on the cheap get it working and hand it back but I know any future owner would probably end up with the car unaware of the problem,
    Or do I inform the finance company of the problem and see what they say
    Don’t want to risk them refusing go take it back if they know it’s cream crackered
    Any thoughts

• #148659 Reply
    Mickey Powell

Help my 2012 citroen c4 grand picasso semi/auto stays in nutral cannot select any gears auto or manual

• #150379 Reply
    Tony Worrall

Hi i have a c4 and sumtimes wen a go to it the back air suspension is flat on the floor any idea

• #151271 Reply
    Tim

Hi Tony,
    Your rear air suspension springs have a leak. It is about £500 to repair at the main dealer if the compressor is ok. If you keep running the car for months on end like this you will fail the compressor as well which will add about £800 to the bill.

I bought a pair of airbags from Amazon (they were posted from Germany) for £100 and watched a youtube video by a Czech guy who replaced his in his garage at home. It took me an hour outside my house and no more problems since.

Good luck

• #152713 Reply
    terry davies

c4 picasso 2014 tailgate splitting both sides at top by the water drain edge there is no damage not hit or forced all panels fit as they should citreon have agreed there is a problem but will only pay part of cost to replace and dealer want £600+ as my share for something not my fault any help would be grateful

• #153202 Reply
    Anthony McGrath

i have c4 picasso 2007 heater blower has stopped working. no fuse listed. windscreen drains clear. motor ok resistor does NOT have a live feed to it.ANY IDEAS PLEASE
    TONY

• #169561 Reply
    Diego

I bought a citroen C4 grand Picasso 2018 and I would like it’s ok when I stop and take my leg from the clutch the engine stop but when I press again the engine start again

• #171555 Reply
    Stephen Baines

Hi

I have a 2014 Grand Picasso HDI Blue. it has 130000mls and has been serviced impeccably throughout. Cam belt and water pump replaced at 110000.
    My wife was dropping the kids off when suddenly the temp warning came on, lcd display went bright red and she was told to stop. RAC came out said water pump had gone. no water in coolant system. Towed to local garage who said not water pump but thought header tank and cap needed replacement. Replaced but not solved. now they’ve changed the thermostat. still not solved. tomorrow they’re taking the pump out but they’re now sugesting it could be a head gasket.
    symptoms now are that its runs fine until your give it gas, then the temperature rockets, take foot off the gas and temperature drops.
    Anyone else have this issue or know what it could be?

Reply To: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso HELP !!!!!!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: