fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso HELP !!!!!!

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance Citroen C4 Grand Picasso HELP !!!!!!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Nathan williams

So I got a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso in Feb 16 and have had nothing but problems. 6 months ago I had engine stop lights come on went to garage, knackered turbo caused by old oil turning to coal in the engine, was advised at the time to scrap it as the problem would just reoccur, unfortunately I needed the car so paid to fix it and hoped to make it to the halfway point so I could VT.
      I was literally 1 week away from making the call and sending a letter when the fault light has come back on I haven’t driven it since.
      Can’t afford to fix it again but desperately need a car as I have 2 young children
      Is there anything I can do ????

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Nathan. To VT the car, it has to be in good working order, with no “damage beyond normal wear and tear”. So if the engine’s broken, you can’t VT it (or at least, you can but the finance company will send you a very large bill for the broken engine).

For more information, have a read of our guide to voluntary termination.

Nathan

That’s what I figured,
      Because the garage I took it too said it would keep happening and it’s not worth the cost of a new engine,
      I could try and fix it on the cheap get it working and hand it back but I know any future owner would probably end up with the car unaware of the problem,
      Or do I inform the finance company of the problem and see what they say
      Don’t want to risk them refusing go take it back if they know it’s cream crackered
      Any thoughts

Mickey Powell

Help my 2012 citroen c4 grand picasso semi/auto stays in nutral cannot select any gears auto or manual

Tony Worrall

Hi i have a c4 and sumtimes wen a go to it the back air suspension is flat on the floor any idea

Tim

Hi Tony,
      Your rear air suspension springs have a leak. It is about £500 to repair at the main dealer if the compressor is ok. If you keep running the car for months on end like this you will fail the compressor as well which will add about £800 to the bill.

I bought a pair of airbags from Amazon (they were posted from Germany) for £100 and watched a youtube video by a Czech guy who replaced his in his garage at home. It took me an hour outside my house and no more problems since.

Good luck

terry davies

c4 picasso 2014 tailgate splitting both sides at top by the water drain edge there is no damage not hit or forced all panels fit as they should citreon have agreed there is a problem but will only pay part of cost to replace and dealer want £600+ as my share for something not my fault any help would be grateful

Anthony McGrath

i have c4 picasso 2007 heater blower has stopped working. no fuse listed. windscreen drains clear. motor ok resistor does NOT have a live feed to it.ANY IDEAS PLEASE
      TONY

Diego

I bought a citroen C4 grand Picasso 2018 and I would like it’s ok when I stop and take my leg from the clutch the engine stop but when I press again the engine start again

Stephen Baines

Hi

I have a 2014 Grand Picasso HDI Blue. it has 130000mls and has been serviced impeccably throughout. Cam belt and water pump replaced at 110000.
      My wife was dropping the kids off when suddenly the temp warning came on, lcd display went bright red and she was told to stop. RAC came out said water pump had gone. no water in coolant system. Towed to local garage who said not water pump but thought header tank and cap needed replacement. Replaced but not solved. now they’ve changed the thermostat. still not solved. tomorrow they’re taking the pump out but they’re now sugesting it could be a head gasket.
      symptoms now are that its runs fine until your give it gas, then the temperature rockets, take foot off the gas and temperature drops.
      Anyone else have this issue or know what it could be?

Saf

Has anyone had a failure whilst programming a gearbox has anyone got suggestions for it ?

It went to learn the gear grid then it failed !

Alex

So i have a 2007 Citroen c4 grand picasso and im trying to get the digital numbers of my fuel tank millage (how many miles with the fuel i got in my tank ) and i cant figue it out help?

David Garnett

My 2016 c4 grand picasso has developed a creaking / rattling sort of noise from somewhere underneath near the rear which seems to appear when i start to reverse off my drive and it sounds intermittently when driving more apparent when driving slowly and cornering but that may be I can hear it with windows open.Two garages have checked and found nothing wrong! If you rock the car when stationary it does not make the noise so only when moving , any ideas please

Whyberd

My top glove box lid has de-laminated due to hot sun.it is not easily detached to apply a suitable adhesive.This is a 08 picassa,any tips please. Peter.

Rob Taylor

This is a common problem with 2016 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. Apparently Citroen fitted rear torsion bars which were sub standard and therefore were originally replaced free of charge as they came to light. They have more recently been treating the problem with a foam injection to stop the movement which is causing the noises. I have the same fault on my car but have run into a problem with Citroen. I was asked to contact Citroen customer services who contacted my dealership, Robins&Day and asked them to deal with the matter as a goodwill gesture, which Robins&Day who are owned by Citroen refuse to do. I have pointed out that this is a registered fault but they want me to pay 50% towards the cost. I’m now complaining to the CEO and Chairman and await their response.

Andy

push the button on the right hand stalk.

Brendon Walker

Hi
      Simple question..I have 2019 Citroen C4 grand spacetourer( new name for Picasso). Having a job to source roof bars..any advice would be appreciated. Citroen ones are so expensive.
      Thankyou

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.