• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Can i reject a car? BMW M3 SMG failure

Home Forums Buying a Car Can i reject a car? BMW M3 SMG failure

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar paul irving 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    paul irving

I recently traded in my 2013 BMW touring(valued at £11,500 by the garage) at a garage for a 2005 BMW M3 (valued at £10,000).

The garage returned £1500 as my car was of more value. This was then used to buy a 2-year warranty from them (due to age, I have to pay 50% of any warranty claim).

I drove the car home (150 miles) and all seemed ok. The car was not used for 2 days, but when I did use it, it broke down after 1 mile. The SMG gearbox would not select a gear. It was taken 18 miles to my nearest BMW dealer who have now quoted £12,500 to repair.

Obviously the warranty company won’t be pleased and I dont want to pay half the bill for a car I have just purchased, if they even pay out as the car failed within 30 days of purchase so might not be covered.

So far everyone is playing nice, but I’m sure that will change once they have received the quote from BMW. Can I reject the car and ask for my original car back? I have already asked the dealer to remove my car from sale in case i need to reject if they cannot repair the car as I refuse to help with payment.

As the dealer is some distance away, if I do reject, who pays for collection of the car as it is undriveable? Many thanks for any help given.

Reply To: Can i reject a car? BMW M3 SMG failure

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: