• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Cancelling a factory build order?

Home Forums Buying a Car Cancelling a factory build order?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Richard

Hi – I visited a BMW dealer to discuss options around a particular car. Ended up talking about a different model. Agreed a spec and left with the dealer agreeing to look at options. He then sent through options by email over a few days with some back and forth.

I gave approval of a spec via email and the business manager phoned me to take the deposit. This was for a factory built car, not one in stock. I’ve since found that the same dealer group are offering much better deals so I’m paying several thousand more than I could.

Does this constitute distance selling as only an initial discussion was on premises and I was then sent various options by email? If so, is there a time limit on cancelling? Deposit was probably made around 10th October so several weeks now.

Car was bought on PCP and I’d be willing to keep the business with the dealer but it would be for a different car model

• #146211 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Richard. If you visited the dealership and then ordered a car that was essentially the same as what had been discussed on the premises before you left, it will be very difficult to argue that it was a distance sale.

Reply To: Cancelling a factory build order?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: