• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Can’t resolve Qashqai fault with dealer

Home Forums Buying a Car Can’t resolve Qashqai fault with dealer

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    kelvin everitt

I bought a Nissan Qashqai in Nov 2018 from a Suzuki garage. After 2 weeks I notice there was no water in expansion bottle and when I removed the oil filler cap there was white smoke and knocking noise.

I took the car straight back and left it with them at it was a Sunday and no tech was there. The next day I was told there was no issue and to collect the car. This bothered me for some time as having no water seem to me to be an issue, so I took it to another garage, who told to me there was water in the oil and the knocking noise was not good poss. new engine crank wear or some other big issue.

The car had a six-month warranty so I took it back. I meet there head tech guy who told me the knocking noise could not be heard when oil cap was secure so that was not an issue as for water there were no leaks so again no issue.

I argued the case and they took the car in and gave me a hire car. They have now had it two weeks with no contact with me, when I called they were waiting for a part. I’m not happy with this and after spending £7,500 its to given me not much hope.

What are my rights please?

kelvin everitt

• #152333 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Kelvin. Have a read of our article about rejecting a faulty car.

Reply To: Can’t resolve Qashqai fault with dealer

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: