fbpx

Car deposit refund

TCE home 2021 Forums Buying a Car Car deposit refund

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mohammed Islam

Over telephone & with out viewing I paid £149.00 to a car dealer in York on 15/11/18. Later, insurance company send me an email saying the car was an imported vehicle according to their record which the dealer denied. Also, the car ad said previous owner was one but actually number of previous owners were found two from HPI check. I refused to buy this car as I did not want to buy an imported vehicle. The dealer send me a HPI check showing it was not an imported vehicle. But the reality was I had no control over insurance company records & I was not able to change their records regarding the car. So, there was somewhere something was not correct.
      I like to know do I legally entitled to the deposit back.I asked but the dealer holding the deposit.
      Thank you.

Stuart Masson

Hi Mohammed. If you paid the deposit over the phone and haven’t set foot in the dealership, you are entitled to your money back.

That doesn’t mean the dealer will comply, which sounds like the case here, so you’ll have to fight to get it back again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.