• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Car Finance

Home Forums Car finance Car Finance

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar adam khaliq 5 months ago.

• Author
    Alison Holdcroft

Hi.

I purchased a new car on finance at the beginning of March and now my employer has asked me to relocate to the USA. I have checked the paperwork and the only section states the car cannot be taken abroad to sell for a profit however when I have asked to take the car the finance company have said no.

I have asked for a copy of the contract and as yet am waiting to receive it.

If I choose to cancel the contract early as they wont allow me to take the car out of the country, even though I have never signed a contract stating I couldn’t what will happen?

• #167539 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Alison. You will have to settle your car finance debt before you leave. Given that you only bought the car in March, this is likely to be an expensive proposition.

You can potentially ask your employer to contribute to your settlement costs, since they’re the ones asking you to relocate.

For more information, have a read of our article about settling a car finance agreement early.

• #167801 Reply
      adam khaliq

Hi! its Adam from Miss Sold PCP Check.
      We run a MISS SOLD CAR FINANCE company based in Manchester.

We help people claim money back of car finance they have taken out in the last 10 years.
      88% of car finance since 2008 has been MISS SOLD.

Car traders who own showrooms or garages are at non fault as it was the finance companies who were doing the miss selling.

I can see that you may have been miss sold car finance in the past we would like to help you reclaim the money that is owed to you

Each claim we process is worth 1000’s.

Drop us an email or contact me on

Reply To: Car Finance

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: