Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Car finance settlement

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance Car finance settlement

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ken

Hello,

I have searched for a topic related to this but can’t find one. I’m realy hoping someone can help.

Myself and my wife have two cars, both on PCP finance that we are trading in this week for a new Renault Kadjar. Both cars had a little negative equity but the dealer has rolled that into the deal. So two part exchanges for one.

However, since agreeing the deal three weeks ago the settlements for our current cars have come down by a total of £500. I asked the dealer to adjust the new monthly payment accordingly but they have refused saying they will simply adjust the price of the part exchanges to match the new settlement figures.

Is this fair? To me I should be seeing the benefit of that settlement reduction, not the dealer.

Please can someone advise? Thank you in advance.

Ken

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Ken. Your settlement figure should not affect the car’s value, so you are correct that your negative equity should be reduced and therefore you should be borrowing less money.

Adding any negative equity to your new deal is not advisable anyway; it usually puts you into an even worse negative equity position for basically the entire duration of your next PCP agreement.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.