• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Car Leasing

Home Forums Car finance Car Leasing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Dag Hammar 1 month ago.

• Author
    Clare Kennedy

I am being asked to sign a Delivery Acceptance Form for the car along with the leasing finance agreement before I receive the car. The form refers to car condition, items within i.e. toolkit etc. I find this bizarre in the extreme, Is this standard practice.

• #172817 Reply
    Dag Hammar

Should never sign an “acceptance” without first examining the goods at the point of delivery.
    Think of the implications if you were to sign before closely inspecting the vehicle when it is delivered to you. A shady company would claim you are liable for the slightest damage to the vehicle and attempt to bill you for it.
    Also, if anything were missing from the spec such as the spare wheel, jack, towing eye bolt etc how could you prove they were missing if you had previously signed “acceptance”.

Reply To: Car Leasing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: