• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Car not as described?

Home Forums Buying a Car Car not as described?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Charlene

We purchased a second hand car last night, on all of the information it says that it has bluetooth, AUX port and blue and me, when we got it home we’ve realised it doesn’t. I’ve contacted the dealer this morning and she told me to check the manual and i told her i had and the internet and its not there. We are taking it to the Fiat dealership this evening and they are going to double check to make sure it’s not there…

But my question is they have quoted me £200 to have it fitted. Am i within my right to ask the garage i purchased it off to pay for it. I don’t particularly want to return the car but feel like I should be compensated and they should be liable to pay as they advertised the car having these features. I’m just not sure what we are entitled to do, do we have to accept it the way it is or return it for a refund are they my only options? Thank you

• #127391 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Charlene. If it’s a £200 cost to fit it, I would imagine that the dealer would much rather pay that than have you reject the car (which will cost them a lot more than £200).

Reply To: Car not as described?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: