Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Car Recommendations

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Car Recommendations

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Alex

Hiya,
      I’m looking for a new car at the moment, and have some things which I want it to have, and would appreciate any recommendations for cars that fit my requirements, if anyone can help!

Engine size at least 1.4
      Preferably hatchback
      Preferably diesel
      3 or 5 door, doesn’t matter
      Air Con!
      Manual
      Also, something small-ish. I currently have a Fiat Punto and I like the size of it. I will also be driving at least 30 miles a day for my commute, plus some travelling within the job. So something that will withstand this :)

Thanks!

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Alex. The Punto-sized segment of the market is one of the busiest and most competitive sectors in the UK, so there is plenty of choice.

The Ford Fiesta is far and away the biggest seller and certainly one of the best, but by no means the only choice. The new SEAT Ibiza has been getting some good press, although it hasn’t yet arrived in UK showrooms (it’s due very soon), there’s a new Volkswagen Polo on the way, the new Nissan Micra and Citroën C3 have had good reviews here at The Car Expert, and many more.

Pick a few you like and take some test drives to see which feels most comfortable for you. And have a look at our Ten Golden Rules for Buying a Car for some important tips.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.