• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Charged more for car on paperwork

Home Forums Buying a Car Charged more for car on paperwork

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Annmarie

Hi
    So I have bought a new car which cost £7299 and when my finance has came through the post I noticed the finance is for more then I thought. I went through the paperwork and the dealer has charged me £500 more for the car then agreed. As I have signed all the paperwork in assuming I do not have a keg to stand on? I have a photograph of the car from when I bought it with the original price stated on it, does anyone know if there is anything I can do? In furious that the thought that guy who sold me the car will pocket the extra cash. ( The car was bought from a reputable named garage) thanks for any advice

• #147975 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Annmarie. You can go back to the dealer and “point out their mistake”, and “give them the opportunity to correct it”.

However, legally there’s probably not a lot you given that you’ve signed a contract for the vehicle at the higher price. All they have to do is say that the price in the window was a mistake and they did tell you that, and you have no proof to counter them.

Reply To: Charged more for car on paperwork

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: