• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Clutch failure new car (Audi A3)

Home Forums Any Other Business Clutch failure new car (Audi A3)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar maileo 7 months ago.

• Author
    Katy

37 years driving experience but still blamed for clutch failure of 6-month-old Audi A3 on motorway. Insulting, patronising and expensive. I was told to remove car as it was taking up ramp space. Nowhere to go with this as no mechanical failure found. Have accepted that no-one in the company sees anything unusual here.

• #131299 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Katy. Clutch failures can be difficult to argue, as it is a wear-and-tear part and the most common cause of clutch failure is driver misuse/abuse.

You can try taking your case up with Audi UK’s head office in Milton Keynes. You may get a more positive response than you received from the dealership, but there’s no guarantee of course.

• #131396 Reply
    Katy

Hi Stuart.I took the car to an Audi approved workshop. The mechanic picked me up from the metro station. He said ‘the clutch? Can I just say that I think that what they’re trying to do to you is disgusting. I’ve examined that clutch and (technical details I didn’t follow) there is no way on this earth that you could have caused that failure’. Don’t suppose it will make any difference but it made me feel better. The manager took a video and is willing to discuss. I double checked today and they work directly with audi (training/equipment/diagnostics etc). Incidentally, my colleague (25 yrs driving experience) had exactly the same experience last year with her Skoda. Nice little earner.

• #152710 Reply
    maileo

would like to know how Katy finished up with the clutch failure having a similar problem right now

Reply To: Clutch failure new car (Audi A3)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: