• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Coming to end of PCP term advice

Home Forums Car finance Coming to end of PCP term advice

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Mark Roberts 4 months ago.

• Author
    Mark Roberts

So I got a new Ford Focus back in 2015 on a PCP from Evans Halshaw in Darlington.

I had a 8,000 mile limit a year on the car. Ive gone over this limit by nearly 10,000 over the 4 years. I pay 8p a mile for anything over, so puts me out of pocket by £800.
    I need some advice on how to end this PCP deal. I don’t want another one, i’d much rather get a loan and buy privately.

To hand my car back 2 months early it will cost £6,416.44, or pay £5,800 at the end of the term (September). The car seems to be worth £5,500 on all platforms. The car is in good condition, full service history, bit of wear & tear but no scratches or bumps.

Should I buy my car and sell privately or does it seem a better idea to give it back and pay the £800 plus the excess fees?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Mark

Reply To: Coming to end of PCP term advice

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: