Consumer Enquiry

Home Forums Blogs Consumer Enquiry

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Tarrant Bamford 1 month ago.

• Author
    Tarrant Bamford

A couple of weeks ago I was going to purchase a car from a used car dealer. I paid £500 deposit and agreed to pay the rest in a few days. The balance was to be as £28,000 in cash and £8,000 from a finance company. I paid a further £10,000 in cash but in the end due to insurance being way to expensive and their abusive and threatening calls I decided not go through with the purchase so informed the dealer that I would no longer want the car. I expected to lose the deposit but the company are refusing to give me the £10,000 back.They have said they will give me £8,500 back and charge £2,000 for a restocking fee, later they offered £9,500 back and £1,000 for a restocking fee but can they do this.I have not signed any paperwork at all except for the finance agreement which has obviously been cancelled as I didn’t purchase the car. I was never told there would be a restocking fee or any other cancellation fee, I have never seen any T’s & C’s and as I said I have never signed any contract or paperwork. The car never left their possession and was still for sale on their website. In any case should they have not at least refunded the money they agreed to and then we could just argue about the restocking fee. They have the car and £10,500 of my money. Where do I go from here? Can anyone help?

Reply To: Consumer Enquiry
Your information: