• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Dealer refuses to pay our deposit back based on a big misunderstanding!

Home Forums Buying a Car Dealer refuses to pay our deposit back based on a big misunderstanding!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Ana 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Ana

Hi guys

Me and my husband are in tough situation:

We find one BMW on AutoTrader and he had called the dealer to see if so we can do a part exchange with our Andi. We arrived there, everything nice, had a look, and I asked the dealer HOW MUCH MORE he wants to cash on top of our car? He said £800, infront of both me and my husband. I went inside his office and I gave him a £200 deposit and he said that the deposit will be refundable if we are not happy with the car repair (we had to go one week later to pick it up). He writes down on the receipt £800 part exchange and £3450 payment, which obviously it wasn’t our agreement. One week later, before we went to pick up the car, the dealer called my husband and said to bring £300 in cash and the rest of £300 we will pay by card. When we arrived in the office, he said that we have to pay £3450 which again, was not what we discussed. The dealer came to the conclusion that it was a big misunderstanding and we cancelled the whole deal, from both parties ( the dealer and me with my husband). The dealer said he will get our deposit back. since then, he is just lying to us that the deposit should be in our bank account (this is done by text) and my husband recorded a conversation with him where he said that he will pay us the deposit and today he left a voice message to my husband saying that he will not pay it. We filed a money court claim but my question is do we have a chance of winning? Because we do have proof of how he says that he will pay us back and that it was a big misunderstanding.

Reply To: Dealer refuses to pay our deposit back based on a big misunderstanding!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: