Hi. Hoping I can get some advice. I have put a deposit down on a BMW from a respectable dealership. In the test drive though I picked up a whistling sound coming into the cabin on the driver side which I flagged. The dealer has agreed to get investigated and resolved before I pick up the car in a week. But, where do I stand though if this problem is not resolved? Do I have the right to reject the car and request my deposit back? Should I hold on paying for the car until the problem is resolved? Any advice appreciated.
I’m not sure why you’ve put a deposit on a faulty vehicle but i’d definately not pay any more money. I’m looking for a car myself and i’m on gaurd as soon as i get to the premises. At the moment i’m walking away from anything with a fault.
Think of it like this, why did they let you test drive a car that has a fault.
Ask the dealer for your deposit back and see what they say (You haven’t said how much you have paid)