• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Deposit contribution

Home Forums Buying a Car Deposit contribution

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months ago.

• Author
    mickey

Hi
    5 days ago I purchased an approved used car over £20k, I wanted £1.5k off the cost, the sales said the only way possible would be to take a minimum £3k finance deal out over 24months, I could get £1.5k from the manufacture, to be honest after reading all the finance details I’m not happy.
    We paid via bank transfer over £20k to the dealership, now with this finance we don’t even own the car, I never normally use finance.
    It seemed a good deal it would cost us £200 for getting £1.5k reduction.
    We drove the car away last week, there is a 14 day cooling off period, after reading various sites, I think we should be able to cancel the finance deal within the finance company, nowhere does it say we will lose the £1.5k if we cancel finance the deal says we can cancel within 14days or pay early.
    Is it possible we can cancel the finance & pay off the finance but keep the £1.5k deposit contribution.

Thanks
    Micky

• #147982 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Mickey. Have a read of our article about deposit contributions, which covers your precise situation.

• #148160 Reply
    Nickey

Hi Stuart
    I cancelled the finance contract & kept the £1.5k.

Thanks
    Micky

• #148356 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Great, glad it worked out for you.

Reply To: Deposit contribution

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel