• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Deposit contribution

Home Forums Buying a Car Deposit contribution

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    mickey

Hi
    5 days ago I purchased an approved used car over £20k, I wanted £1.5k off the cost, the sales said the only way possible would be to take a minimum £3k finance deal out over 24months, I could get £1.5k from the manufacture, to be honest after reading all the finance details I’m not happy.
    We paid via bank transfer over £20k to the dealership, now with this finance we don’t even own the car, I never normally use finance.
    It seemed a good deal it would cost us £200 for getting £1.5k reduction.
    We drove the car away last week, there is a 14 day cooling off period, after reading various sites, I think we should be able to cancel the finance deal within the finance company, nowhere does it say we will lose the £1.5k if we cancel finance the deal says we can cancel within 14days or pay early.
    Is it possible we can cancel the finance & pay off the finance but keep the £1.5k deposit contribution.

Thanks
    Micky

• #147982 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Mickey. Have a read of our article about deposit contributions, which covers your precise situation.

• #148160 Reply
    Nickey

Hi Stuart
    I cancelled the finance contract & kept the £1.5k.

Thanks
    Micky

• #148356 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Great, glad it worked out for you.

Reply To: Deposit contribution

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel