• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Deposit refund

Home Forums Car Reviews Deposit refund

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Tara 12 months ago.

• Author
    Tara

Hi My daughter visited a dealership after seeing a car advertised on line. The car had just been sold but she was shown another car which had just became available again after the previous buyers credit fell through. My daughter told the salesman that she didn’t like it as it had sticker stripes and initials on the two sides. We went to walk away when the salesman said they could get the stripes removed and it would look perfect. She also asked if they could spray the alloys black. He agreed and a £250 deposit was paid. A few days later I called in and he told me the wheels looked great. 2 days later he rang to say the sticker stripes had left a mark and he advised to have another stripe put on or wait until the marks faded! We went in to see the car and were not happy to wait on the off chance it may fade as no definite could be given. She adamantly did not want a replacement sticker so asked for her deposit back and was told sorry not possible as the wheels have been sprayed at a cost of £240 (which was an addition to the car price anyway). My argument is that they should have had the sticker removed before going ahead with the wheels but he was 110%sure it would look perfect. Please can you advise. Thank you

Reply To: Deposit refund

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: