• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Devaluation of Skoda Yeti

Home Forums New and News Devaluation of Skoda Yeti

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Anne Hunter

I’m thinking of buying a second hand Yeti but I’m advised by my other half that as Skoda have discontinued making them in 2018 they will devalue quicker than normal, would you agree, the other car I’m looking at is a VW Tiguan any advice grateful. Thanks.

• #128619 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Anne. Yes, the Skoda Yeti has now been replaced by the Skoda Karoq. It was originally planned that it would keep the Yeti name, but at the last minute it was changed (the Yeti sold very well in the UK and a few other markets, but not that brilliantly in many other markets).

The Yeti has pretty good residual values because it was a good little car, and that won’t suddenly change because the new car has a different name. It may mean that it is worth a few hundred pounds less down the track, but probably not enough to put you off buying one if you’re going to keep it for any reasonable length of time.

If you’re looking for a reason not to buy one (or a Tiguan, for that matter), it would be because Skoda is part of the evil Volkswagen empire who treat their customers like idiots and don’t deserve your money, but that’s another issue altogether.

What you should certainly check is whether any particular Yeti you are looking at is part of the Dieselgate saga, and whether or not it has been back to Skoda for its “fix”. If it has been fixed, avoid it like the plague. There are thousands of reports of “fixed” Volkswagens, Skodas, Audis and SEATs that have been riddled with problems after having the cheat software undone – from worse fuel economy to cars suddenly going into limp mode at 70mph on a motorway. Volkswagen denies everything because they basically lie about everything and show no signs of changing their corporate culture.

Reply To: Devaluation of Skoda Yeti

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: