Electronic replacement for hard copy service log is a scam?

Home Forums New and News Electronic replacement for hard copy service log is a scam?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Early this year I purchased a new Audi A3. Recently the car’s display informed me the vehicle is due its first oil change. The salesmen assured me I could use my local garage as long as OE parts are used.

My local garage, who I’ve used for over 20 years and is very reliable and has reasonable charges, told me they can carry out the service but cannot “stamp” my service history since it does not exist. If I want the work certified, which I do to keep the warranty, it has to be carried out by a main Audi dealership, since they are the only ones who have the necessary software, and, of course, their charges are nearly a third more than my local garage for the same work!

To me, this smacks of a “scam” to circumvent the EU Block Exemption Regulation relating to warranty and servicing issues…..Any comments, gratefully received

• #143007 Reply
      Stuart MassonStuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Mike. No, it’s not a scam. If you’ve got an invoice to show that your car has been serviced correctly then your warranty will not be affected.

It’s true that an independent garage will not be able to access Audi’s system to upload its servicing record, but as long as you have your proof of servicing you are fine.

Any Audi dealer should be able to update the service records as well, although whoever you speak to probably won’t be too inclined to assist…

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Electronic replacement for hard copy service log is a scam?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: