• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Error on mileage allowance

Home Forums Car Reviews Error on mileage allowance

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    – none –

Hi,first time posting so forgive any mistakes! I have a car on pcp agreement with ford that I am over 2years into, due to a change in personal circumstances I have had to VT my agreement. I believed I would have nothing to pay as the car is in excellent condition and within its agreed mileage, or so I believed. I received my paperwork accepting my request for VT and it advised that my mileage should be 14,500 i immediately called the finance company to challenge this as I know when I took out the agreement I understood my allowance to be 12,000PA which would mean I am still within my allowance having done 33,000 miles, anyway they sent me a copy of signed agreement which does state 6,000 miles, I am confident that I would have not knowingly signed for this amount as my job involves driving and would clock up that amount in no time!! I have also spoken to the dealership and requested that they find my original paperwork to be checked which I am still waiting for.Am I going to be fighting a loosing battle here? I know I would never have signed for such low mileage,I’m worried i am going to be left with a hefty outstanding amount that I just can’t pay! Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

• #65683 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If it’s a VT, the mileage is irrelevant. Have a read of our article about voluntary terminations.

You should have a copy of your finance agreement in your records, as they are required to give you a copy of the agreement, the pre-agreement and the summary of charges.

Reply To: Error on mileage allowance

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: