• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum

Extended warranty, is it legal

Home Forums Blogs Extended warranty, is it legal

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Leyan Farmer

Hi, I bought a car almost two years ago from the Car Warehouse. I love my car and don’t have a problem with it.

My issue is the extended warranty, I didn’t want it as I’m very knowledgeable about Mercedes and knew that the coverage was not likely to be needed and so I didn’t want to spend unnecessarily.

I was told that I had to in order to buy the car, so I did and I would like to know if this is legal. This was an additional payment to another company in addition to my car loan. Thanks, Leyan

• #143121 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Leyan. No, it’s not legal to tell you that it is compulsory to purchase an optional warranty.

However, you’ll have to prove that that’s what you were told. Unless you have evidence, the salesman will be able to swear on a stack of bibles that he never said such a thing and that it was actually you who specifically wanted the warranty. It’s all about what you can prove, and verbal assurances are worthless.

Reply To: Extended warranty, is it legal
Your information: