• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Fault with new SEAT Ateca on PCP

Home Forums Any Other Business Fault with new SEAT Ateca on PCP

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Mark

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice with a rather irritating situation. I purchased a new SEAT Ateca which was delivered mid-March 2017. Within the first week of ownership, I noticed a rattle coming from behind the dash.

Since March the car has been back to the dealer 4 times for them to fix the issue (the 4th time the car was returned was yesterday). I went for a test drive in the car yesterday and couldn’t notice the rattle but it was evident again this morning on my drive to work.

What options do I have as I’m starting to get to the point where I don’t think they can resolve the problem and I’ll have a new car with an annoying rattle.

The car is on PCP finance. Am I able to legally reject the car? If I went down this route would I get any of my deposit back or would I lose this against the depreciation?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

• #120126 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Mark. Rejecting a car for a rattle would probably be difficult, even though it’s a new car.

If you are able to reject the car now, you would be eligible for a refund of any deposit plus any monthly payments made, minus a charge for wear and tear. This is not a clearly-defined amount, so would be a matter of negotiation.

Reply To: Fault with new SEAT Ateca on PCP

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: