Find an Expert Rating: 

Fault with new SEAT Ateca on PCP

Home page 2023 Forums Any Other Business Fault with new SEAT Ateca on PCP

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mark

Hi all

Looking for a bit of advice with a rather irritating situation. I purchased a new SEAT Ateca which was delivered mid-March 2017. Within the first week of ownership, I noticed a rattle coming from behind the dash.

Since March the car has been back to the dealer 4 times for them to fix the issue (the 4th time the car was returned was yesterday). I went for a test drive in the car yesterday and couldn’t notice the rattle but it was evident again this morning on my drive to work.

What options do I have as I’m starting to get to the point where I don’t think they can resolve the problem and I’ll have a new car with an annoying rattle.

The car is on PCP finance. Am I able to legally reject the car? If I went down this route would I get any of my deposit back or would I lose this against the depreciation?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Mark. Rejecting a car for a rattle would probably be difficult, even though it’s a new car.

If you are able to reject the car now, you would be eligible for a refund of any deposit plus any monthly payments made, minus a charge for wear and tear. This is not a clearly-defined amount, so would be a matter of negotiation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.