fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Faulty Car on PCP (Jeep Renegade)

Home page 2023 Forums Car finance Faulty Car on PCP (Jeep Renegade)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Regan

I bought a 16-plate Jeep Renegade in October 2017 on a 48 month PCP. This came with a 12-month warranty and Jeep breakdown cover and we have had to use this service 4 times since October, twice for a faulty battery (it has since been replaced)

Yesterday I was driving the car home from work and it felt funny and had a max speed limit of 40mph (which I have later learned is some sort of safe mode) The car has been towed for the 2nd time back to the dealer which, annoyingly is 40 minutes away. Ultimately I have had a terrible experience with this car and soon the warranty will expire and I am naturally concerned for the future reliability of my car.

My questions is, what are my rights? Can I come out of this early? This is the newest car I have ever had an I expected it to be reliable.

Any advice appreciated,

Many thanks, Regan

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Regan. In terms of your rights, you are outside the six-month window provided by the Consumer Rights Act where the law works in your favour for rejecting a faulty vehicle.

You would now have to prove that the car was fault when you bought it last October, as opposed to having developed a fault after you purchased it.

If it’s a 16-plate car, it should still be under new car warranty until at least March next year. you might like to look at purchasing an aftermarket used car warranty that sees you through until the end of your finance agreement.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.