• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Faulty Vauxhall – 4 Timing chains

Home Forums Car Reviews Faulty Vauxhall – 4 Timing chains

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Ryan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Ryan

I was wanting some advice if possible. I bought a Vauxhall Corsa in May 2013 – brand new (first owner). It needed a new timing chain after just 2 years in 2015, it then needed another timing chain in 2017 as it snapped. We have now been told that we need another timing chain. This means the car has now had 3 timing chains and this will be its 4th.

All the previous work has been completed by Bristol Street and we have always serviced the car with accredited Vauxhall dealership. All the timing chains have been installed by them and have been fitted free under the warranty. It looks like they are offering to fix for free again, however, we have no faith that the repair will actually fix the underlying fault.

The car is nearly 6 years old and now has 79,000 miles on it. Selling it on would be incredibly unfair to a new buyer and if they fix it again it’s likely going to break again in 2 years. By this point, we will be over the 100,000 miles and the warranty won’t apply.

We don’t know what to do? We just know that we are unhappy with having a faulty car that is going to need another timing chain again!

Has anyone else had a similar experience – I have raised a complaint with Vauxhall, however they seem reluctant to help because of the age of the car. They are ignoring the fact that it’s the same reoccurring fault.

Any advice would be great :-)

Reply To: Faulty Vauxhall – 4 Timing chains

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: