• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Ford warranty

Home Forums Any Other Business Ford warranty

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Shayne Tainton

I have a 66-plate Ford Focus RS under ford manufacturer warranty, I didn’t purchase from ford direct but from another dealer, the vehicle as some may know was due a recall for serious head gasket issues. Unfortunately somehow my car has been missed and broke down at the weekend with a suspect head gasket issue.

I had it towed into my local dealer who advised they cannot even look at the vehicle until 5/9/18. I enquired about a hire/courtesy vehicle as through no fault of mine the vehicle cannot be looked at until this date. Ford UK and the dealership will not honour this even though the vehicle still has manufacturers warranty. Where do I stand???

• #137881 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Shayne. There is no legal obligation for a manufacturer or dealer to provide you with a loan car under the new car warranty.

Reply To: Ford warranty

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: