Find an Expert Rating: 

Mazda / Ford warranty

Home page 2023 Forums Technical Discussions Mazda / Ford warranty

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Claire

Hello
      I am about to buy a 3yr old Mazda CX-5, 16k miles. I’ve negotiated 2 years Ford warranty as part of the deal and considering a 3rd year for £200.
      The salesman tells me the warranty covers everything, I’d welcome advice if it really does or if there are obvious omissions.
      It covers for unlimited mileage, “all mechanical and electric parts & labour”, including failure due to wear & tear up to 70,000 miles. Engine, turbo, cylinder head, flywheel, pistons & rings. Gearbox, internal gears, selector forks. Fuel system-injectors, fuel pump, throttle body, oil pump. Suspension-wheel bearing, drive shafts, wishbones, coil spring. Cooling system-radiator, water pump, oil cooler, thermostat. Braking-master & wheel cylinders, calipers, ABS. Electrical-starter motor, alternator, dashboard instruments, central locking, wiper motor, ECU, cruise control. Power steering rack, pump, reservoir and idler box. Air conditioning condensor and compressor. Catalytic converter + DPF. EGR valve. Also includes radio, sat nav etc.

Sorry for the long list but appreciate views whether its worth the money and if i got a good deal. I’m very unlikely to make it over the 70k in 3 years.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Claire. Always be guided by the contract in these matters, not what the salesman tells you. If anything goes bang, it’s the contract T&Cs which will determine your rights, rather than any verbal assurance from the salesperson.

For more information, check out Rule 3 and Rule 8 of our Ten Golden Rules of Buying a Car.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.