• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Ford Galaxy or Chrysler Voyager?

Home Forums Buying a Car Ford Galaxy or Chrysler Voyager?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Ben

Hi all,

I’m looking to do a bit of travelling around Europe this summer and am looking to buy a car I can somewhat convert and make it comfortable enough to sleep in as well as create a bit of storage space. I’ll also be using it as my day-to-day car whilst not travelling.

I currently own a Ford Focus, which I don’t think will be anywhere near big enough, so I’ve been looking at either a used Ford Galaxy, or a Chrysler Grand Voyager. I believe I won’t need to remove the back seats of either, as they both have foldable tuck in seats. I like the fact that the Grand Voyager has tinted windows for more privacy, but I’ve heard they’re not all that reliable of a car compared to the Ford Galaxy, the Galaxy also appears to have better Mpg.

I’ve only been driving for just over a year and have never drove on the right side of the road before, so I’m a bit hesitant on such large cars.

So basically I’m after opinions if anybody has had any kind of experience with either, or if anybody has a completely different suggestion.

I’m not looking to spend any more than about £2,000-£3000, so I’ll be looking at used with quiet high mileage.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Ben

• #130104 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Ben. Of those two, the Ford is probably the safer bet. Chrysler withdrew from European markets a few years ago, and there are no dealers about to help you if you have any problems. That may not be an issue as the car may work perfectly faultlessly during your travels and there will always be independent garages who can help out, but it’s worth bearing in mind.

I wouldn’t worry about window tinting being a valid reason to pick one car over another. You can get windows tinted quite cheaply.

The last point in favour of the Ford, especially since you’re still a relatively new driver, is that the Galaxy is likely to feel a bit for familiar given that you currently drive a Focus. When you are on the wrong side of the car on the wrong side of the road trying to deal with traffic and navigation and anything else, that can make things a little bit easier.

Reply To: Ford Galaxy or Chrysler Voyager?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: