• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Garage damaged my car then denied it – luckily have dashcam

Home Forums Any Other Business Garage damaged my car then denied it – luckily have dashcam

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar jlguk 1 month ago.

• Author
    jlguk

Hi All

A local garage carried out an MOT and service on my car, which was returned to my home damaged – damaged paintwork and rear bumper.

I didn’t notice until I drove it a few days later, but luckily I have security cameras at my home and could see it left undamaged but something had happened by the time they returned it. I wasn’t informed by them of this.

I notifified them of this, and asked they ask the staff that worked on my vehicle what happened.

They gave me an assurance they had, and that all their staff were trustworthly but the car had not been damaged by them, but had “obviously occurred whilst in our care by a third party” when in their car park. In fairness they did offer to have the car repaired in a bodyshop.

But when I reviewed the dashcam footage, one of their staff reverses it in to another car, ignoring parking sensor display and clear warning of imminent collision. 3 people then come to look. He seems to find the collision funny on the footage.

I tell them this, and they appologise, and repeat their offer to take the car to get it repaired. I tell them no way will I let them touch the car ever again, and I’ll get it repaired at their cost. I also ask for compensation for the time, costs, time the car will be off the road etc, and after ignoring the request a few times, they eventually offer £50.

I think it should be higher, but perhaps I’m not being reasonable.

Not sure if I can name the garage on here so I’ve avoided it. Won’t be using them again that’s for sure. I did ask for details of their insurer but they’ve not disclosed it (not sure if they have to).

Thoughts?

Many thanks.

Reply To: Garage damaged my car then denied it – luckily have dashcam

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: