• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Garage stamp depicts a service! Not so

Home Forums Buying a Car Garage stamp depicts a service! Not so

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Adrian Stone

I bought a Jaguar XF 7 years old absolutely beautiful. Was told that May 2015 service at 25,000 miles was surfing to forgo this year’s service as the Jaguar had only done an extra 3,000-4,000 miles and could wait another 10,000 miles before spending money on a 2018 service.

Alas the Jaguar stamp, following enquiries, just indicated an oil change, so the garage lied. in fact, age is dominant in servicing unless mileage comes first.

I am taking the garage to court as l would never have bought the vehicle had l known. 2018 service just cost me almost £900 as cam belt and filters were in the 7-year servicing module. I am sure these garage guys were aware. Any advice?

• #147596 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian. I don’t know that you have any rights here unless you can prove that you have been mis-sold.

Reply To: Garage stamp depicts a service! Not so

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: