• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Getting deposit back

Home Forums Blogs Getting deposit back

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    chris roper

Hi ordered new car online had car I wanted in stock said I could take delivery that weekend.

paid 500 pounds deposit phoned on the Friday before delivery to be told that car Had been sold but only wouldn’t take a couple of days to get one from fords as it was in their compound.

one week later the car has not arrived with dealer can I get my deposit back so I can purchase from another garage thank you

• #167109 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Chris. If your sales contract is for a specific car (chassis number or registration number shown on the order form) and that specific car is no longer available, you are entitled to get your money back and walk away. You don’t have to accept another vehicle.

If the order form does not specify a specific vehicle and simply details a particular specification, you would not be entitled to cancel unless there were no other vehicles of that exact specification available.

Reply To: Getting deposit back

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: