• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Help please (Peugeot 206)

Home Forums Any Other Business Help please (Peugeot 206)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Sarah

Hello, I was wondering if you can advise.. I am a 31 year female in my first year of driving. I don’t have much knowledge of cars but do check all my levels regularly and tyres. I recently started getting a STOP flashing warning light on my Peugeot 206.

I called the RAC and they took me to a garage who charged me £120 for a new fan… 2 days later.. Same thing happens again! I went back to garage who say they are not sure and it’s probably the head gasket but the car isn’t worth paying that out and I should just drive it until then and it’s not dangerous.. so I take it to a different garage who say it’s not head gasket and charge me £130 to fit a new thermostat… Then a week later it’s happened again.

I really don’t know what to do now. I don’t trust any mechanics now and can’t afford all this 😩 When it happened again I stopped my car and the stop light disappeared. The stop light is accompanied with the thermostat going into the red.. and strangely only happens on a certain road point approximately 10 mins after I start driving when I’m driving around 35-40 mph.. really appreciate ANY advise on this! I am stressed out by this and rely on my car a lot.

• #129042 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah. Are either of these garages official Peugeot dealers? It sounds like they are independent garages who may or may not be aware of any particular issues.

There is clearly something amiss with the car’s cooling system, but there could be several causes. Have a search online to see if any other Peugeot 206 owners have reported similar problems in owners group websites, etc.

Reply To: Help please (Peugeot 206)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: