• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Help required please!!!

Home Forums Technical Discussions Help required please!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    – none –

Hi all. Absolutely useless when it comes to cars. I have a 2008 Fiat Punto 1.9 Multi jet diesel. Yesterday I went to start the car as normal and it went to start before cutting out. After that the car had no power and the screen displaying the time and mileage etc completely shut off and the Rev counter, speedometer, temperature gauge and fuel level indicators just kept flickering up and down without anything else in the car been lot up whilst I was processing to turn the ignition to start the car. It sounds like a droning noise. I put in a spare battery and it drove okay for the rest of the day until I can to it this morning and it was powerless again. It hasn’t started all day. Need so help here. Thank you in advance

Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Sounds like something is draining your battery, possibly a short circuit from something getting wet in the recent rains. Best bet would be to talk to an auto electrician.

Lee

Hi my name is lee and I’ve got a Vw scirocco 2014 with a fuel problem help plz

Stuart Masson
      Stuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Lee. Since your car is a 2014 model, you will be covered under your New Car Warranty, regardless of whether you bought the car new or used, so you should speak to your nearest Volkswagen dealership.

The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.