• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

HPI Outstanding finance help

Home Forums Car finance HPI Outstanding finance help

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Chris J

Hi,

i am currently paying for a BMW 3 series and i would like to downsize to something cheaper (MINI etc).

I am 14 months into a 48 month lease, my current position is below:

34 months left of £420pm = £14,280 remaining.
    I put down a 9,500 deposit
    Current Value of car around 26/27k.

Am i in a good position to look for a new car and if so what are my options in paying it off. Will i have a bit of spare cash for the new car etc?

Any help is appreciated

• #93092 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Chris. Your early settlement options will depend on the type of finance agreement you have. You described a 48-month lease – if this is the case, you may have a large penalty fee if you want to cancel the agreement. If it is actually a PCP, the settlement terms will be much more reasonable.

For more information, have a read of our article about settling your car finance early.

• #93102 Reply
    Chris J

Thanks for your response Stuart.

It is on a hpi agreement. I have been on contact with BMW and i have a final settlement payment of 20k. This final settlement figure, does it mean that i would then own the car?

Reply To: HPI Outstanding finance help

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: