• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

I bought usa car junk import from copart without documents – please help

Home Forums Buying a Car I bought usa car junk import from copart without documents – please help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar japan imports 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    – none –

Hi

I have done vin check on http://www.carfax.eu
    as uk version hpi.com check does not offer USA cars to do vin checks .
    I am lucky and unlucky in same time thanks to THIS great website.

I have unlucky situation i would like to discuss if you could help me that would be great if not still thank you .

I register myself as private buyer on copart.co.uk auction/salvage site and i won

Unregistered vehicle / jaguar xj 2012 5.0 fully loaded without
    -us or uk registration documents
    -no mot , no road tax , no import document

What i received is INVOICE from copart with amount to be payable before picking up car .
    17000 for vehicle
    1300 fee

On auction site copart they did not describe that is import car but i could see clearly as
    sterring wheel is on left side
    they did not describe that car have accident as they don’t to hpi check ( thats what managers told me )
    and they didnt inform about vin nr also when i phoned them .

After receiving vehicle 3 days later I took engine nr and run VIN check on carafe website and
    discovered that is TOTAL LOSS , CERTIFICATE OF JUNK , airbags deployed etc .

When i start car , jaguar is showing this information
    vehicle to low ( inside dashboard ) and i can see that is to low ( back suspesion )
    no tax no vat was paid in uk therfore wasnt even registered as i spoke with HMRC .

I returned vehicle to their auction site within 7 days and they tried to sell 3 times
    without any success price reached maximum 12.000 within 1 month i lost already £ 6.000 !!!.

On 4 time they hold my auction listing as they told me that they are waiting for EXPORT DOCUMENTS FROM 1ST Buyer !!!

How they could sell me vehicle without any documents ?
    Is it legal to sell us import on this website without doing legal checks ?
    How they could sell this vehicle to me and now they are holding ?

Many thanks for help

• #66473 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

I’m not sure how the car could be a total loss without you even knowing that it had been in an accident – were there not photos of a badly damaged Jaguar?

Your best argument would be that the vehicle was not as described, but you will need to be able to prove that by showing the original advertisement. You will still need professional legal assistance.

I suspect you have spent £18,000 on a large pile of scrap metal, and you may well be stuck with it.

• #66475 Reply
    – none –

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAGUAR-XJ-LHD-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE-LESS-THAN-2000-ON-CLOCK-FULLY-LOADED-/231594160978?ssPageName=ADME:L:BOWO:GB:1123

i just listed vehicle on ebay and waiting for new buyer :)

Thats what i am thinking about legal advise but I am not sure if ” somewhere ”
    in terms and conditions of the company are hidden things that might not even benefit
    any customers .

i might have print screen of the advert but i have to look at it .

vehicle was as far i remember sold as seen so no refunds .

But my biggest question is how they sold vehicle to me
    without any export documents from 1st seller ?

I assume there must be somewhere UK MOTOR LAW regarding selling and buying vehicles
    and someone knows how to go around ?

• #66476 Reply
    – none –

TOTAL LOSS , CERTIFICATE OF JUNK in USA MEANS
    ITS NOT WORTH for the insurance to pay to fix damages .
    so it might be category C/D OR even B BRAKER .

car was involved in accident in 2012 and was registered in 2012 therefore
    car was very very expensive at that time .

• #66956 Reply
    japan imports

You still need legal assistance for that as imported car from another country. So, it may be critical issue.

Reply To: I bought usa car junk import from copart without documents – please help

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: