• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Jaguar F-Pace faults and rights?

Home Forums Buying a Car Jaguar F-Pace faults and rights?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Scott

Jaguar F-Pace 3.0 D V6 Storm Grey 66 plate purchased/received Sept 2016 – initially had some major woes after 6 days with radiator burst and dealership trying to blame a flying stone but CRC / dealership eventually took ownership of this and assume a build flaw/damage and repaired but on follow up no further action taken if design flaw.

Car has been running okay with annual service x1 completed sept 2017 at Peter Vardy Jaguar and then 2x Ad blue top ups performed 9500 miles and 1900 approx.

March 2018 DEF light illuminated at around 21’000 miles ( clearly not a top-up required ), car been into dealership now x5 times with same recurring fault and every time dealer advises JTB00531V3 carried out / fault cleared and issue resolved and no further action is possible, As you will no doubt appreciate this is unacceptable and last twice I have pushed aftersales to no avail.

Next move upon fifth time was to get CRC involved and advise dealership that same level of repair would be completely unacceptable but CRC stance is merely as per dealership stance that issue is resolved by doing the same again and my issue is with dealership and they will not be carrying out any action on my behalf, I should pick car up and no further action to be taken including asking questions on how same repair plan x5 is acceptable, As I am sure you can appreciate this is most frustrating and leaves me in complete limbo as I do not wish to accept this repair on the car this time as I see no action to progress with a different thinking and feel the whole brand has let me down,

Currently the position is complete stand off with dealership and CRC in willing to help in any way.

Anyone had similar issues/pointers on any actions I can take on this to make this all happen including taking my car back?
    Personally, I feel I am being pushed to the only option which is selling and staying clear of the brand for some time.

Thanks

• #133317 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

There have been various complaints from Jaguar owners about AdBlue/DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) problems. Some people have reported that it was a faulty sensor and that replacing said sensor fixed the problem.

Various Jaguar owners forums also report less-than-glowing service from dealerships and Jaguar head office (CRC) when trying to resolve various problems.

You could always try a different dealership – if the fault is a warranty issue then any Jaguar dealer should be able to assist. I’d also recommending trawling the various Jaguar forums on the internet to see what other owners have reported and if/how their problems were fixed.

Reply To: Jaguar F-Pace faults and rights?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: