• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Skoda Karoq v SEAT Ateca ?

Home Forums Buying a Car Skoda Karoq v SEAT Ateca ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Roger M 12 hours, 44 minutes ago.

• Author
    Roy

I am in the market for nearly new SEAT Ateca or Skoda Karoq.
    I understand they are virtually the same car but any opinions on which is better?

Secondly, most of the reviews I have read suggest going for a 1.4 or 1.5 engine size but both cars come in a 1.0 115bhp engine and I believe one has a turbo. I was wondering if the small the engine is up to the job and would be a better bet for me?

I am retired and live in Devon so there are plenty of lanes around here. Most of my journeys are of 20 or 30 mins but I venture to Scotland a few times a year as well as a few four hour trips around the country via motorways.

• #170688 Reply
    Dag Hammar

I would suggest you go to a couple of garages and look closely at both the Seat and the Skoda. You may find that you prefer the interior trim of one against the other. You may have a preferred body colour in mind that is only available in one brand but not the other and the exterior colour may swing it for you. You also might find by test driving them both the Seat may have a stiffer suspension than the Skoda.
    For convenience when it comes to servicing is one main dealer nearer to you than the other and having a dealer closer to where you live may be beneficial.
    Price will also come into the equation. A quick look on Autotrader indicates that a Seat can be had for less money than a Skoda.
    Finally, be cautious of the 1.5 litre petrol engine in both. There are substantiated reports of the 1.5 litre petrol having some problems and VAG have acknowledged there is a problem. Therefore test drive the one litre variant and see if it has enough power to suit your own style and type of motoring.

• #170961 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Roy. We have an excellent new resource that should be able to help you decide between these two models – The Car Expert’s unique New Car Ratings review aggregator.

We have compiled reviews from across the top UK automotive media outlets to give you an overall picture of what different motoring journalists and websites think of each car.

As of right now, the Skoda Karoq has an Expert rating of 79%, which is slightly better than the SEAT Ateca’s rating of 78%.

We are adding new cars to our aggregator every day, so the database is growing rapidly. We are also adding new reviews as they are published, so these ratings may change over time as more websites publish reviews and we add new titles to our sources.

Hope you find this new tool useful, and please feel welcome to provide any feedback on how we can improve it.

• #172272 Reply
    Dag Hammar

Roger M, the link in your comment takes you to a comparison of the Seat Ateca versus the Skoda Kodiaq whereas the subject of this thread is Ateca V Karoq.
    The Kodiaq is a much larger vehicle in all respects and therefore cannot be entertained as a comparable vehicle.
    In one respect you are correct though. The Karoq is 19mm longer than the Seat Ateca which in old money is only 0.75 of an inch.

• #172752 Reply
    Roger M
Reply To: Skoda Karoq v SEAT Ateca ?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: