• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Land Rover engine replacement – exhaust fumes problem

Home Forums Any Other Business Land Rover engine replacement – exhaust fumes problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar DS Victim 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    David

Hi,

I have had a series of problems with my Land Rover Discovery Sport, resulting in a new engine being fitted at 20,000 miles! Anyway having a new engine fitted caused another problem with engine fumes coming into the car, albeit not always, but after it happened several times I had to send it back to the garage who confirmed that there were fumes inside the car and replaced the catalytic converter due to a warped flange. The garage is claiming that the warped flange is not connected to the work carried out replacing the engine which I refuse to believe.

I haven’t been able to find any info relating to catalytic converter flanges becoming warped on their own, surely this is the result of poor work carried out in fitting the new engine, any thoughts?

• #167266 Reply
    DS Victim

Known problem with the turbo flange not being fitted correctly. Affects any DS with the Ingenium diesel engine going back to 2015.

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10005

Reply To: Land Rover engine replacement – exhaust fumes problem

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: