• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Looking to buy an MG, advice?

Home Forums Buying a Car Looking to buy an MG, advice?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    David

Hi, I’m looking to buy my first brand new car and like the look of the MG3.

I went to view it, and was impressed with the look and the price of the MG sport, available at £8,700 – £2k for a part exchange scheme.

I was also shown an MG style, which is apparently a better version but costs £1k extra.

To be able to drive the sport away for £6.7k on the road sounds like a great offer to me, I just wonder why is it so cheap? Is there something about the make and/or model that I may be missing?

I am not very clued up on my cars, as you can tell!

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

• #86619 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Dave. The MG3 has been getting some reasonable write-ups in the media, and it’s not a bad car if you are looking for a brand new vehicle instead of a used car.

Despite the British image, the cars are largely built in China, with only final assembly done in the UK. You do get what you pay for to a large degree, so it won’t be as well finished and equipped as cars costing £10K or more, but it should still be safe and reliable.

Reply To: Looking to buy an MG, advice?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: