• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Loose Wheels – New Mercedes Dispute

Home Forums Any Other Business Loose Wheels – New Mercedes Dispute

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Andy Phillips 8 months ago.

• Author
    Andy Phillips

Hi, looking for some advice if possible. I bought a brand new Mercedes earlier this year. after about six months I had some steering issues.

long story short roadside assistance called out to find the front wheel nuts were 2 turns loose, the other 3 wheels were loose also. his view was they must have been loose leaving the showroom.

Before we took the car Mercedes had our wheels sprayed black by a sub-contractor. After Mercedes collected the car I was informed by a manager at Mercedes that the issue was caused by the back of the wheels being sprayed where they meet the hub, this should not have been spray painted and due to the heat and friction the paint had worn off causing a small gap which had allowed the wheels to loosen over the 6 month period. however I was then told after Mercedes had had the car for several weeks that this was not the cause, but they didn’t offer any other reasons?

Mercedes have now had the car over 3 months and I am still paying for it, I refuse to collect it because I have no faith in them. I have asked for them to just terminate my contract.

Do I have any legal right to terminate my contract with Mercedes without any penalties against me?

Also do I have any right to sue Mercedes for putting my family and me in danger due to their negligence?

Reply To: Loose Wheels – New Mercedes Dispute

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: