• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Lost Car Contract!

Home Forums Car finance Lost Car Contract!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years ago.

• Author
    Sean

I wonder if anyone could help and offer to shed some light on my situations…
    I bought a car in September from a Nissan showroom in Halifax, my home town. The name of the company is Lightcliffe Motors. I was never sent a copy of my contract after signing it, I was told I would but it never came! It slipped my mind until recently…
    I called Nissan, Lightcliffe Motors in Hx but they had been taken over by Bristol Street Motors and they told me that all of the Nissan Lightcliffe Motors’ information had been either deleted or sent to Volkswagon Lightcliffe Motors in Halifax. I called them and they said they don’t have anything from Nissan in Hx and that it was all left behind! Nobody has a copy of my contract! I can’t remember what I agreed to – services included, length of payment etc. What do I do?!!

• #66373 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

It will be there somewhere, but I don’t like your chances of ever getting it. That paperwork should cover your vehicle purchase, but not your finance agreement.

Your finance paperwork should have been given to you when you signed it (which is supposed to be done on the premises, not sent out). You can try calling the finance company and telling that that you need replacement finance docs.

As for any included services or other offers, it will depend on whether the agreement was limited to that dealer or Nissan nationally. You check with another Nissan dealer to see if there is a service agreement set up for your car.

As a last resort, you could try calling Nissan GB’s head office to see if they have any records of a service plan. However, I don’t like your chances of them having that data accessible.

Reply To: Lost Car Contract!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: