• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Massive garage bills for lease car

Home Forums Any Other Business Massive garage bills for lease car

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Debbie Middleton

Hi, I really hope someone can help me because I am really desperate.
    I’ll start at the beginning.
    I got a Fiat 500 on a three-year car lease. Everything was fine. The three years came to an end and, because I hadn’t sorted a new car, I carried on leasing the car on a rolling contract.
    Because I had the car for three years I had to got it MOT’d and serviced. Which I did.
    I got the car back and soon afterwards the engine light came on and the car lost power going up fills.
    I sent it back to the garage. The sent it back to me saying the problem was sorted but it happened again. So back to the garage it went. They could not fathom out what was wrong with it so sent it to a Fiat garage for diagnostic work. Eventually, it was found out that the ECU needed replacing. Whilst they were trying to sort this out though they did loads of other things to try and remedy the problem and we now have a massive garage bill that we cannot afford to pay.
    Have we any rights re paying these bills as this is a lease car?
    I really don’t know what to do now. The car still hasn’t been repaired and I don’t know how much it is going to end up costing us.

Thanks in advance

• #152315 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie. You’ll have to check your contract, but if you have been paying for servicing that you are probably responsible for the bills.

Reply To: Massive garage bills for lease car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: