Mazda 6 stalling

Home Forums Technical Discussions Mazda 6 stalling

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi all.
      I have a 2005 Mazda 6 2.0-litre petrol. I disconnected the battery on Saturday and since reconnecting it the car stalls when I come to a stop. Up until disconnecting the battery, it was running fine no problems at all.

When I first started the car it seems to be leggy the revs are lower than normal around 500 – 600 but seems to set off fine. While the car has been moving for a while and is up to temperature is when the issue start. I slow down for a junction and come to a stop and press the clutch the engine stalls. Will restart no problem but I have to accelerate pretty heavy to get going sometimes causing wheels to spin.

Any help will be very appreciated

Stuart MassonStuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Philip. Modern cars can go haywire if you disconnect the battery, or if the battery goes flat. I was working for a Bentley dealership when the first Continental GT was launched in the early 2000s. The battery on our demonstrator went flat in the showroom and the car was never right afterwards – despite lengthy investigations and replacing almost every electrical system on the car at great cost to the dealership and Bentley.

Usually, there will be a particular process for disconnecting the battery to make sure that the car is properly shut down before power is removed – in the same way that yanking the power cord out of your computer can cause the operating system to corrupt or cause problems.

A Mazda dealer may be able to resolve it fairly easily with a system update or something similar.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.