• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Mercedes PCP and Servicing

Home Forums Car finance Mercedes PCP and Servicing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Tayo Bella 3 months ago.

• Author
    Jamie

Hi,

I am 12 months into a PCP agreement with Mercedes-Benz and am due to have a ‘B’ service on the vehicle in a few weeks time.

Looking at my finance contract, it says the work must be done at ‘a garage within our network’. I have contacted the dealer to ask, who have put in writing that I can have the vehicle serviced at any VAT registered garage I like, as long as it is to MB standards with genuine parts.

The finance company are yet to reply, as I know the agreement in reality is with them. Unlike the EU block regulation relating to warranties, can the finance company force me to use main dealer servicing?

I have been given mixed messages by those contacted so far, and have read stories as late as 2012 of people being sent letters saying if they do not service at MB then an extra £1,000 will be added to their PCP etc…

So confused! Any help would be appreciated

• #74737 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Jamie. We have recently published an article on this very topic (click on the bold text below).

If you plan to give the car back to Mercedes-Benz Finance and claim the GMFV at the end of your PCP, then yes you do have to have the car serviced by Mercedes-Benz.

In terms of maintaining your warranty, you don’t need to have the car serviced by an authorised dealer.

• #135966 Reply
    DC

Can you tell me i want to hand my merc back on VT, i have had it over 50%.
    It is due its 3yr service in 500 miles.
    Would this be expected to be done on the VT or not?

• #166669 Reply
    Tayo Bella

Hi.I have a lease with lease your next car and finamce arranged through mercedes benz finance.Do I have to use a mercedes garage or can I use any that use the genuine parts and update electeonically service records

Reply To: Mercedes PCP and Servicing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: