• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Missing Car Keys Not Mentioned until after sale completed

Home Forums Buying a Car Missing Car Keys Not Mentioned until after sale completed

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Dennis McCarthy 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Dennis McCarthy

I purchased a 2 year old car from a dealer but after completing the paperwork they advised me that there was only one key. I made it clear that this wasn’t acceptable but the dealership manager said that he could not provide one and that he could not authorise provision of one. I escallated the matter and was told by the regional sales manager that I should email customer services. I took the car away and submitted a formal complaint the next day asking for a replacement key to be provided. My view is that the used car should be supplied with a full set of accessories as supplied when new (allowing for fair wear and tear). As they had not mentioned the defect (of the missing key) during the sales process, the car was not of merchantable quality and that I had a reasonable claim for a second key under the consumer rights act 2015. A new key will cost £300 and they have offered £67. I feel that I will need to take this further to get a more favourable response. The car is ok but I feel that they should supply the second key. They are of the view that they do not have to. How should I proceed.

Reply To: Missing Car Keys Not Mentioned until after sale completed

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: